Had a zucchini sitting in my fridge last Friday and decided to fry it. I'd never prepared it that way before, but I was feeling game.
- Sliced the zucchini into pretty thin slices - leaving the skin on, of course.
- Heated about 3 tablespoons each of butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cracked two eggs into a bowl, scrambled them with a fork.
- Put about a cup of flour into another bowl and put in salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Dipped the zucchini slices into the egg and then the flour mixture.
- Place into the heated oil/butter. Let them brown on one side, then flip over. Towards the end of the cooking, I needed to reduce the heat to medium, as they were browning too quickly.
Elsewhere, thanks to Lifehacker: Everything you ever wanted to know about poaching the perfect egg, including photos!